Monday, June 23, 2008

Honey put on that party dress

Looking over my shoulder to verify if I am, in fact, alone has become an unshakable habit when I wake up in the morning.

Some days I’m not. In fact, I’m reviving the age-old art of the One Night Stand… with a vengeance.

And… I love it.

Is it wrong to feel empowered? To ride the strangely euphoric wave of sexual liberation? To be this charmingly detached? Seductive without apology? Brutally honest and demanding and altogether contrary to my typically blazingly sensitive and polite self?

Is it also wrong that this weekend I woke up and could have sworn I was suddenly transported to my college days, some hybrid of Lolita and Tom Petty’s “Last Dance with Mary Jane?”

Or am I just burying my broken ego underneath the weight of another man?

(Sex is the gateway drug for the broken-hearted, if you ask me. Well, I suppose I still don't know if I'm broken-hearted or not, really. Rejected is probably the simplest description. But it's a hurt, a thorn, a wound nonetheless. Goddamnit, why do I still think about you? Get out of my head!)

Maybe this is what I mean, or what I’m looking for:

The man of your dreams,
perhaps not
maybe just one of the
many that have fallen
but for now I am
ridiculously happy
to be the one who
curls himself around you.


[found in OPLL]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is fun to be sexually liberated (and its great) until those moments, which are missing, crowd around and pile onto one's sensitive heart. Be liberated and enjoy every electric moment of it!
I only wish that being liberated sexually did not include being liberated of romance and liberated of relationship and liberated of being held and cherished by another soul. Being liberated of that can get old.
Just enjoy. Bite into it and let the juice run down your chin.
Take it from me, though, playing passion is no cure for obsession. Time is the cure for obsession, time and true love. (which does exist)